If one wants a smooth offline communication in the Outlook, the synchronization of the exchange mailbox is essential with the offline files. But that is not always the case for many people and they start getting a few synchronization errors in their usage. This kind of error can lead to OST file fail, corrupted, or damaged. So, today we will discuss the synchronization issues in the Outlook and how it affects OST files.
The synchronization between the exchange server and Outlook is quite smooth at all times. But in a few instances, it can face problems due to bad network connections. When that happens there are good chances of OST files being damaged.
What Kind of Synchronization Error Occur In the Outlook OST file?
- You may get this message when the cached mode is enabled in Outlook.
- Sometimes a few messages are missing after the synchronization is completed.
- You will get the no synchronization message at the start of the process.
All Outlook versions are affected by this type of problem and we have to be aware of the situation and deal with them accordingly.
Now, let’s look at the solutions for the non-synchronization issue in the Outlook.
Solutions to Non-Synchronization issue in Outlook
Well, there are many ways we can tackle this issue but here are a few things to try.
OST Integrity Check – It is a tool that comes with the Outlook versions 2003 and 2007 and it is used to check the integrity of the OST file. So, you can use this tool to check the integrity of the OST file if you are using above listed Outlook versions. Or, you can try other methods listed here for the resolution of the Non-synchronization issue in Outlook.
Synchronize Manually – Yes, Outlook has the option of manual synchronization in Outlook version 2010 or higher. With this method, you can fix the synchronization issue at the folder level.
Here are the steps:
- You have to right-click on the OST folder and then click on the Properties option.
- Now, you have to click on the Clear Offline items from the General tab and then hit OK.
- Now, you can go to the Update Folder tab from the upper ribbon and click on the Send/Receive button.
But these methods will be helpful if the OST file is damaged or corrupted in any way. There are a couple of options or recovering the OST file but it can be a long shot.
- You can use the Inbox repair tool to repair the OST file but the tool has a few limitations. If that is fine, then you can use it and repair the damaged OST file.
- You can also Rebuild the OST file using the Outlook but that will delete the existing data on the OST file and it will be created from scratch.
If both of these options are not suited for you, go for the next one.
Use OST to PST Converter Tool to Fix OST file Corruption Issue
OST to PST Conversion – Well, if you are looking to keep the data present on the OST file damaged by the non-synchronization issue, you have to convert it to the PST file. There are a lot of tools available online for this process but Shoviv OST to PST converter tool is best.
Shoviv OST to PST Converter is the best tool as it comes with features offered by no one else. The trial version of the tool lets you process first 50 items per folder. So, you will only need to buy it once you are fully satisfied with the tool and it’s working.
It maintains the hierarchy of the data and is able to recover the permanently deleted emails from the mailbox. The user interface is designed to be similar to Outlook as most of us are used to that.
So, go on and download the tool from the shoviv.com website and explore the different options provided in it.
With these, you will be able to resolve the non-synchronization issues of the Outlook with ease. Choose a method that is right for the needs of your computer.