Learning to build Android apps is extraordinarily worthwhile. Android is a highly popular operating system, with an enormous install base. The nature of Android also makes its highly alluring option. As a mobile operating system, Android apps have access to the myriad forms of data collected by phone sensors. Moreover, learning Android development for beginners is simpler than we think.
What is Android Studio?
Android Studio is the official Integrated Development Environment for Android app development. Android studio offers more features that enhance productivity when building Android apps. Android Studio build Automation, dependency management and customizable build configuration. Android Studio Integrates with version control tools so to keep in sync with project and build changes. Android studio allows access to libraries and APIs from the Android SDK, thus giving access to native functions of the operating system. It is a best place for most people particularly as it provides all additional tools and resources in a single place. Android studio’s apply changes features lets us move code and resource changes to the running app without restarting the app and, in few cases without even restarting the current activity. This flexibility helps to control how much the app is restarted when one wants to utilize and test small, gradual changes while conserving device current state.
New Features in Android Studio
The android Emulator installs and starts apps faster than real devices and also allows to prototype and test apps on various Android devices configuration like tablets, mobiles, Android TV and other devices. One can restore a variety of hardware features such as GPS location, motion sensors. Intelligent code editor helps to write better code, work faster and more productively by providing advanced code completion, refactoring and code analysis.
Essential skills needed to become a perfect Android Developer
Building Android applications requires a deep understanding of programming and designing. There are various programming tools, technologies and skills needed to be a perfect Android developer. The following programming technologies are commonly used by modern Android application programmers:
- JAVA – Java is a programming language that underpins all Android development. Java is an avid object- oriented programming language with strict coding for data handling. Mobile devices are thin clients, so memory allocation, processing power and battery draining are well known issues to face the Android developer. The code must be simple and accurate to bring high performance. Therefore, Android developers must learn the best coding practices existing in the industry.
- Android SDK – SDK stands for Software Development Kit. The Android SDKs are modules of Java code that give developers access to mobile device functions like accelerometer and camera. New Android developers will spend most of the time discovering how the various SDKs for Android can be pieced together in different ways to put together an application. While this can take time, each Android SDK comes with many examples that can be found in the official documentation, making it easy to understand what each package does.
- Android Studio – The integrated development environment of choice for the environment is known as Android Studio. It also features many of the capability developers expect of a full featured IDE. Code completion helps in suggesting auto complete as we type. Code debuggers help to identify errors in code. There are more advanced tools like CPU monitors, helping developers make sure their code will maintain high performance on a mobile device. Android studio is a must have for both beginner and experienced Android developers.
- APIs – As an android app developer one must interact with many other services. Many companies offer APIs and will tell how to query for data in a consistent and secured way. APIs are used to connect applications with any third party services or apps.
- Databases – If an app handles large amounts of data most probably won’t live at any given time. Instead apps will likely interact with databases living outside phones. These platforms also provide Java libraries that can plug into apps, making it easy to cache some of the data on the user’s device. Thus choose to handle data in application, explore and understand how databases work and the ways to query that data to use it in app.
Developing mobile applications requires particular skills, experience and knowledge. App developers should understand the business needs, have technical skills and know how to build an app that gives money by solving specific business needs.
Hire android developer gives some benefits of cost-effective app development and shape business ideas into profitable android app development. Android Studio makes life remarkably easier compared with non-specialist software, but it still has a little way to go before it can claim to be a completely intuitive and smooth experience. Hiring top Android developers will help to create successful apps that will stand out from the crowd and enlarge business opportunities.